Chief Financial Officer
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: April 28, 2021
Status: Full time/Exempt, Benefits eligible Location: Edmund D.
Edelman Children's Courthouse - Monterey Park; Currently,
temporarily work from home. Anticipated hybrid model, expected.
ORGANIZATON OVERVIEW Court Appointed Special Advocates of Los
Angeles (CASA/LA) mobilizes community volunteers to advocate for
children who have experienced abuse and neglect. The organization
envisions a Los Angeles in which every child in the child welfare
system has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive. CASA/LA is on
a path to expand services to 12,000 of the estimated 30,000
children in the LA County's dependency system every year. Key to
these efforts is growth in the number of people who know about
CASA/LA, the number of volunteers recruited and trained each year,
and revenue generated from individuals, foundations, corporations
and government sources. Overview of Position The CFO is primarily
responsible for financial oversight of the organization. Other
essential duties include overseeing office administration and
facilities, information systems and technology, risk management,
and supporting the human resources function. The position reports
to the CEO, staffs the Finance and Audit & Risk Committees of the
Board, supervises accounting and IT staff, and works closely with
the HR Director on HR matters. Essential Functions: Finance
- Oversee and take responsibility for all aspects of the
organization's finance function and perfor- mance.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on issues
affecting the organization; provide ad- vice from a financial
perspective on any business agreements the organization may
- Develop and maintain credibility for the accounting function by
providing timely and accurate budgets, financial reports and trend
analyses so as to assist the CEO, the Board and other senior
leaders in planning and decision-making.
- Monitor budget variance; identify when adjustments may be
necessary; apprise and work with senior leadership in planning any
necessary remedial actions.
- Prepare departmental, special purpose and ad hoc reports
- Take responsibility for financial of contracts and grants -
prepare budgets; monitor use of funds to ensure that funding is
fully expended and thereby earned; prepare required reports, which
may include billing/invoicing and summary reporting.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting process, matching
programmatic to financial goals; work with department heads to
craft individual budgets; work with senior leadership to finalize a
com- prehensive plan that supports goals; coordinate the review and
approval process with Finance and Executive Committees and Board of
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, serve as liaison
between auditors and the Audit Committee; facilitate completion and
approval of audited statements and required annual filings.
- Participate in development and implementation of the
organization's strategic and operating plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the cost and effect of long-range
planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory
- Establish and optimize banking relationships.
- Initiate strategies to maximize cash position and short-term
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process that addresses
and reports operating cash needs.
- Implement a robust contracts management system; ensure that
contract billing is compliant and that receivables are
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
cycles; manage and adjust as need- ed to meet organizational
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and
accounting practices; regularly review and update the company's
accounting policy and procedure manual.
- Staff the Finance Committees. Develop effective reporting
mechanisms to present all critical fi- nancial matters to the
Committee and Board of Directors.
- Supervise finance-related staff and consultants. Administration
- Oversee such administrative functions as maintenance of office
supplies and equipment, and su- pervision of administrative staff
- Maintain facilities, which may consist of repairs and
maintenance, space planning, leasing and renovation activities.
- Provide support and backup to HR Director over organization's
human resource function. Technology
- Oversee information systems and technology.
- Supervise IT Coordinator to develop and implement technology
strategies and initiatives.
- Work with IT Coordinator to oversee relationships with vendors,
including managed services provider.
- Work with IT Coordinator to develop and maintain
technology-related policies and procedures.
- Work with IT Coordinator to oversee procurement of hardware and
- Staff the Audit and Risk Management Committee.
- Work with HR Director and other leadership to institute and
maintain practices that minimize or- ganization's exposure.
- Work with Committee to maintain risk control documents: Risk
Assessment Matrix and Business Continuity Plan.
- Work with Committee and insurance broker to maintain
appropriate types of coverage at appro- priate levels.
- Minimum of a B.A., with an MBA, CPA or related degree
- At least seven years of overall professional experience with at
least five years of broad financial and administrative management
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for
the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit
coordination for either a division or significant program
- Ability to translate financial concepts to - and to effectively
collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do
not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants management
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing
software installations and managing relationships with software
vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic,
organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable
sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with
an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of
internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a
fast-paced environment How to Apply To apply, visit www.casala.org.
Candidates may also send a resume and cover letter to
email@example.com. CASA of Los Angeles is committed to diversity
and inclusion and promotes equal opportunity for all employees and
applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal
laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for
everyone. We don't discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran
status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local
laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure
that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting,
hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made
to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Monterey Park , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!