Company: Central City Community Health Center
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Central City Community Health Center offer a dynamic work
environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City
Community Health Center provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central City
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities.
Responsible for accounting work associated with a variety of
clerical and administrative tasks. Assists Senior Accountant and
Finance Director in maintaining business files, running errands,
answering phones, sorting mail and a variety of other tasks to keep
businesses running efficiently. Cross-trains with other Finance
Team members to help cover departmental functions in the event of
other Team Members absence, vacations, or leaves giving due
consideration to separation of duties principles. Key day-to-day
tasks and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited
to the following:
1. Responsible for matching purchase orders to invoices in
purchasing system (Microix).
2. Assist Account Payable in processing invoices in accounting
system (MIP) for payments, ensuring correct approval and
3. Responsible for tracking and processing Rent, Utilities and
Supplies expense invoices and payments in an efficient and timely
4. Assist Senior Accountant with monthly journal entry for credit
5. Resolve invoice and un-vouchered discrepancies in receipts.
6. Maintain vendor accounts.
7. Assist Accounts payable with 1099 and other tax documents.
8. Prepare reports and reconciliations of vendor invoices as
9. Participates in the month-end close.
10. Perform a weekly Positive Pay report from accounting system
(MIP) for all checks issued.
11. Maintain and accurately file accounts payable and general
accounting records and documents.
12. Maintain and track company vehicles list and related auto
expenses in excel.
13. Assist Senior Accountant in the renewal of all company
insurances and handles certs.
14. Support the accounting team with year-end audit.
15. Distribute checks for mailing or deposits.
16. Handle FedEx and mail machine, and order supplies for
17. Assist the finance team in filing documents.
18. Serves as back-up to payroll processor.
19. Perform other ad hoc accounting, financial or administrative
tasks as directed by the Senior Accountant, Finance Director,
Accounts Payable Specialist, or CFO.
*Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes: *
* Must demonstrate reliability by being at work on time and giving
proper, advance notices of any instances of tardiness or absences
* Ability to exercise sound judgment in the performance of duties
and responsibilities; willingness to ask questions and seek
guidance from direct report and/or other Finance Team members
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in
* Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assigned tasks and
projects daily and as needed.
* Ability to work well both independently and in group/team
situations, under pressure (time-sensitive to required deadline) in
a fast-paced environment; demonstrates self-motivation, and able to
work on several tasks simultaneously.
* Demonstrate critical thinking and sound analytical and
problem-solving skills, with the ability to justify or substantiate
findings and/or conclusions.
* Professional appearance and demeanor while interacting with the
public, other business professionals, co-workers, and other members
of the management team; demonstrates strong and effective customer
* Intermediate level expertise in Microsoft applications (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
* Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be
aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety,
including safety rules and regulations.
* Expertise in Abila/MIP Accounting Software preferred.
*Education and Experience Requirements*
* Current CA Driver License.
* Accounting Degree (B.S. or B.A.).Prefer
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Monterey Park, CA 91755: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Keywords: Central City Community Health Center, Monterey Park , Finance Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!