Administrative Assistant, Local Planning New Business Desk - Montebello
Company: Southern California Edison
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Job DescriptionENERGY FOR WHATS AHEADAre you looking to make a
difference in your career? Were working on smarter grids, cleaner
energy and tools to help people manage energy more
efficiently.About Transmission and DistributionSouthern California
Edisons (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit
(T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing,
operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities
throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward
of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver
electricity to 14 million residents via SCEs 5 million customer
accounts.Position overviewThis position will be in the Distribution
Construction & Maintenance (DCM) Local Planning division within
Southern California Edisons (SCE) Transmission and Distribution
Business Unit (TDBU). The successful candidate will serve as the
single point of contact for the Meter Order Process and ensure
Utility User Tax processing, reporting and compliance at each work
location.Typical Responsibilities may include:
- Receiving and/or processing new business related requests and
inspection for Cities, Counties and various internal
- Reviewing pending/unassigned Service Requests (SR) and making
decisions to issue them to the appropriate person/organization
according to established procedures.
- Monitoring the High Priority Report and Exception queues,
researching any necessary items and ensuring proper handling.
- Posting inspections on-line and managing inspection logs.
- Reviews Meter Services Requests (MSR) for completeness and
communicates missing requirements.
- Gathering, researching, and verifying inspections and Public
Authority information on MSR for accuracy.
- Interfacing with customers regarding service, inspections, and
- Coordinating with Performance Resource Supervisor (PRS) and Pre
Construction Specialists (P-Specs) for meter set timeframes.
- Providing assistance to Planners, Designers, P-Specs and others
with questions/issues regarding MSRs at the work location.
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving MSRs that were not
routed, printed, or accurately assigned.
- Performing simple to moderately complex design assignments as
support to Designers in the work location and Design Hubs.
- Assisting the Planner in facilitating and processing Same Day
or Next Day MSR.
- Maintaining all necessary reports and updating Supervisor as
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following
Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience in an analytical
position or a minimum of two years of experience in a high level
- Two or more years of experience with Microsoft Excel performing
advanced functions such asVLOOKUPs, pivot tables,
filtering/sorting, charts and graphing.Desired Qualifications
- Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of education,
training, and experience.
- Experience using Thomas Brothers Guide, Land Vision, and
Facility Inventory Maps.
- General knowledge of the Scheduling, Meter Order, and basic
Design processes and workflows.
- Reporting experience with Monthly Reports, and other
- Experience prioritizing, planning, organizing and coordinating
heavy workloads while maintaining high levels of accuracy and
attention to detail and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Experience interfacing effectively and collaborating with
others, such as internal/external clients, peers, management, and
other work units.
- Ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and
- Ability to accurately analyze information to draw conclusions,
make sound decisions and modify and/or recommend new processes to
- Ability to take initiative and accountability for the accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word and Outlook as well as
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the
business to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage
risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage
information, and provide exceptional service to internal and
- Must have effective resource and project planning, decision
making, results delivery, team building.
- Experience with influence and negotiation, leadership,
interpersonal skills and the ability to engage in continuous
learning.CommentsCandidates for this position must be legally
authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the
United States without visa sponsorship.TestingApplicants who are
identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to
test via email and are encouraged to review any tests required in
this job posting - Link to Information Guides at
reference 5206 Clerical test.Candidates who have previously passed
these assessment(s) may not need to retest again for this
position.Relocation does not apply to this position.Mobility Policy
- Link to Mobility PolicyWhy Southern California Edison?Safety is
our top priority and is key in everything we do. Were industry
leaders and professionals driven by high performance for our
customers and each other. Edison is a place where you can grow
personally and professionally. Even better, you get to enrich the
quality of life for almost every resident and business in Southern
California.Southern California Edison serves population of
approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a
50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and
Southern California.At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Monterey Park , Administrative Assistant, Local Planning New Business Desk - Montebello, Administration, Clerical , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!