Product Marketing Manager - Mobile
Location: Newbury Park
Posted on: September 22, 2018
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is empowering the wireless networking revolution. Our highly innovative analog semiconductors are connecting people, places and things spanning a number of new and previously unimagined applications. We possess broad technology capabilities and one of the most complete product portfolios in the industry. Our customers are global industry leaders who are driving innovative platforms that are changing the way we all live, work and play. Our global team collaborates daily to create the semiconductors the world relies on. If you're looking for a challenging and exciting career in a fast-paced environment, Skyworks offers a variety of roles in an environment that promotes prompt decision making, uninhibited sharing of best practices and individual ownership. Here, you'll find minimal layers of management, open communication and mutual trust and respect.
Product Definition Engineer - Mobile
Skyworks' marketing organization has an opening for technical marketing talent. Do you have a passion for driving business growth in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment? Do you have unbridled energy that you'd like to unleash on the smartphone, tablet, and data card markets? If so, this opportunity is for you.
In this role, you will be working with marketing teams and BU to identify future roadmap and defining the world class cellular RF front end solution covering 4G and 5G integrated RFFE applications across all tiers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding future market requirements based on interaction with customers, carriers and systems team
Establishing and evangelizing compelling product marketing strategies, product overviews and product positioning.
- Turning product vision into measurable operating objectives and programs to meet customer needs and maximize the value of our business
- Ensure that product justifications are well researched, justified and structured to gain maximum ROI for Skyworks and market penetration growth
- Drive product collateral and product support documentation for customer facing activities
- Assist in setting roadmaps and business direction, be involved in customer / market development activities through a close working relationship with sales activities
- Developing strong relationships with key customers and industry technology partners, measured by their preference to work with Skyworks on future generation products
- Clearly communicating performance to the key metrics we are pursuing, noting gaps and opportunities, as well as actions to drive improvement
- Identifying market opportunities and creating market requirements documents (MRD) and product requirements documents (PRD) for new product opportunities
- Bringing your identified opportunities to life by leading cross-functional groups to translate customer needs into product specific requirements
- Demonstrating your expertise internally by providing direction and support for the sales team, with customer technical meetings, presentations, and business proposals
- Enjoy utilizing your creativity when developing marketing collateral promoting products to field sales and customers: product flyers, sales presentations, and competitive analysis
- Living the business by communicating the company's vision and unique product benefits to a varied set of audiences including the internal team, industry analysts and customers
Position requirements are important, but even more important is finding a passionate senior technical marketer who is able to bring results as described above!
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field. MBA a plus.
- 8+ years in semiconductor or wireless system product fields.
- The successful, self-driven candidate will have a well-rounded background with demonstrated competencies in marketing and technical environments.
- These experiences will also include:
- Proven track record of success in product definition, development resulting in high visibility design wins at tier one wireless device manufacturer
- Strong communication theory background, and related industry knowledge.
- Experience with RF Transceivers and RF Front-End components such as Power Amplifiers, LNAs and Filters.
- Good working knowledge of Cellular front end and systems
- Project and Product Management skills in a cross-functional team environment.
- Business development experience with proven results. Leadership, teamwork and mentoring skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a broad understanding of business fundamentals and strong business acumen.
- Practical Applied Knowledge of product development, market research, and business development.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Responsive, self-driven and directed, with strong sense of ownership.
- Proficient in Visio, Powerpoint, Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Willing to travel 25% of time
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Skyworks, Monterey Park , Product Marketing Manager - Mobile, Advertising , Newbury Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!