TAY CASE MANAGER - DEPENDENCY COURT
Company: Childrens Law Center of California
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: November 18, 2021
*Resume and cover letter required. Please see below.*TAY CASE
MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTIONA TAY Case Manager works with the Transition
Age Youth (TAY) Attorneys in the Extended Foster Care (EFC)
Court.*Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities include, and are not
- Work with TAY clients on the EFC Court caseload.
- Visit with TAY clients at their place of residence and
elsewhere in order to assist the attorney with establishing and
maintaining a trusting and professional relationship with their
- Follow office policies and procedures as determined by the Law
- Meet regularly with the Resource & Support Supervisor regarding
caseload status and case management.
- Document physical or electronic files in a thorough and timely
manner with case notes and reports.
- Communicate regularly with the attorney regarding status of
- Meet regularly with attorneys and assist with hearing
- Provide technical and case support for peer advocates and
- Work closely with all members of CLCLA 4, employing a holistic
approach to representing the whole child to ensure clients' needs
are met including, but not limited to participating in CLCLA 4
internal staffing and case reviews.
- Communicate regularly with outside service providers, community
based organizations and county personnel regarding status of the
case and client needs.
- Assist TAY clients with activities such as applying for
financial aid, searching for and applying for jobs, obtaining
housing, etc when appropriate.
- With supervisor authorization, transport TAY clients to
important appointments in consultation with and upon the
recommendation of the TAY Attorney where another entity cannot
assist with the matter.
- Maintaining accurate and current information and data regarding
client demographics, services, needs and other case activity.
- Work with the CLC Resource & Support Supervisor, CLC Policy
Director, and Executive Director, where needed on issues of
legislation and policy as it relates to TAY.
- Work with the CLC Grants Manager and Development and Executive
Director, where needed to ensure ongoing and expanded
- Provide CLC training and consultation to case carrying CLC
attorneys, investigators, peer advocates and other staff as
- Be professional, patient, and understanding when interacting
with clients, caregivers, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Have a team player attitude and willingness to help out fellow
co-workers and clients.*Minimum Qualifications: *
- AA degree (or 60 college units) in Social Work or a related
field and/or 2 years direct experience working with children in a
- Have excellent interviewing and client relationship building
skills and a demonstrated commitment to providing client centered
advocacy for TAY. Have an ability to communicate effectively both
orally and in written reports.
- The candidate must be able to provide proof of full COVID-19
vaccination status.*To Apply: *Applicants must apply directly on
CLC's website www.clccal.org/employment - Applications received
through any other site or method will not be considered. Please
include a detailed cover letter indicating why you are interested
in and qualified for this position. Resumes submitted without this
letter will not be considered.A valid driver's license and reliable
automobile, auto insurance and an operable mobile phone are
required at all times while working for Children's Law
Center._Children's Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
disability, medical condition, age, or gender identity, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Full vaccination status for
COVID-19 is a condition of employment._Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Childrens Law Center of California, Monterey Park , TAY CASE MANAGER - DEPENDENCY COURT, Executive , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!