Finance Manager - Arktura Job
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Primary location: Los Angeles, California
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
Location: Los Angeles, CA
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you
as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with
a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with
leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your
potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription
drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage,
vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your
strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program
for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the
most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with
teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and
allow for different work styles to build engagement and
satisfaction to deliver results.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, Architectural Specialties,
the Finance Manager is responsible for all finance and accounting
aspects for Arktura. Partnering with the business management team
to drive revenue growth, manufacturing performance, and return on
investments to meet financial objectives. The incumbent will have a
strong financial background, be well versed in data analytics and
visualization, and strategic planning. The role will have direct
responsibility for the finance planning and analysis function in an
innovative manufacturing business, requiring an in-the-trenches
leadership style as processes are built-out to support analytics
and KPI reporting.
Key areas of focus for this role include strong leadership skills,
ensuring compliance and that internal controls are in place in
accordance with company policies, monthly performance analysis,
budget and forecast development (including cash forecasting),
product costing, development of management reporting, utilizing
predictive analytics and statistical models to gain insights into
future performance, leading finance in software implementations and
calculating return on investments for capital and cost reduction
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Partners with the subsidiary sales and operational leadership
to drive scalable, profitable growth.
- Quickly develops analytical frameworks and performs analysis
using SQL, Excel, or other data analytics tools to develop
actionable insights for a high-value area of the business.
- Develops tools to deliver insights into subsidiary
profitability, cost performance, price margin analysis and return
- Develops and implements BI solutions for monitoring and
analyzing business performance.
- Supports the Arktura Finance Team in all aspects of the
subsidiary month-end closing and reporting process.
- Analyzes results and provides comprehensive insights for
variances to various benchmarks including budget, forecast, and
- Proactively identifies and drives process improvement
initiatives to increase efficiency of finance function.
- Develops product cost model to enable effective custom project
cost quote process.
- Prepares and develops the annual plant budget, including
development of projected revenues, standard costs, manufacturing
period expense and SG&A expenses.
- Supports the business in generating and quantifying cost
- Provides financial analysis to business leadership, Internal
Audit, and external auditors as requested.
- Implements key internal controls in accordance with company
- Leads and manages special projects, as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Potential exists for this position to
have 1-3 direct reports.
Travel: Minimal; Less than 10%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to analyze and forecast revenue, operational costs and
- Strong background in manufacturing costing.
- SQL knowledge and Excel proficiency required (Python, Java, a
- Expert knowledge of business intelligence tools and
dashboard/data visualization skills (Power BI, Cognos, Tableau,
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Proven operational leadership skills in implementing and
supporting new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to link and analyze manufacturing metrics
to financial performance.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with
the ability to share knowledge at appropriate levels of the
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills including the
ability to interact comfortably and respectfully with all levels of
plant and corporate personnel.
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail and capable of
delivering accurate, quality results in a timely, consistent and
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to: sit for prolonged periods; repetitive motion of
hands/wrists/fingers; concentrate and repeat the same physical or
mental activities over and over; think analytically and be exact or
highly accurate; make decisions such as to identify complex
problems, develop options and implement solutions; work in a team;
ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with
the ADAAA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards; pay
attention to and remember details; communicate effectively
including active listening to understand points being made, and
asking appropriate questions and not interrupting inappropriately;
speak to convey information effectively; write to communicate
effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience; read to
understand work related documents; move between different physical
locations within and between buildings; and push, pull, carry and
lift in the normal course of travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled
conditions with standard level of noise common to an office
environment including office equipment and co-workers speaking to
each other and on phones. Employees are required to wear personal
protective equipment when entering the floor of manufacturing
facilities based on the specific requirements of each location.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, required. MBA, preferred.
- 7+ years of experience and a solid grasp of manufacturing
- 7+ years ERP experience required.
- 5+ years of business intelligence, data analytics or insights
- Prior supervisory or management experience required.
- Experience with Infor SyteLine, SAP, BW, Hyperion, Epicor, or
similar ERP system, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a plant controller in a manufacturing
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA a plus
- See Professional (Grade 7-14) competencies
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and
manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall
and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately
$1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing
network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or
restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance
comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall
performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and
integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along
with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people
we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our
communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling
solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a
positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and
play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in..... click
apply for full job details
Keywords: Armstrong World Industries, Monterey Park , Finance Manager - Arktura Job, Executive , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!