GC Retail Customer Service Manager Store 135
Company: Guitar Center
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Pay Rate: $20.29/hr - $36.79/hr depending on background and
This position is eligible to participate in the Guitar Center
Company bonus program based on Company performance.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual
compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay
for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual
experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed
are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may
be different in other locations.
Why Guitar Center? Here's just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity
of gig leave-take time off to share your music with the world and
return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust
benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision,401K plus
company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation
time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by
encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission
is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference
in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to
experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in
creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all
the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible managing
all sales and margin generating activities of our sales associates,
ensuring that the sales floor is properly set and that the staff is
properly engaged to provide a great customer experience, all while
creating and nurturing our culture of integrity, inclusion, musical
passion, and respect.
A few special characteristics that make our Customer Service
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while
participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally
benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good
working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and
able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect
with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine,
knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping
- Delegation: Able to delegate both routine and significant tasks
and decisions. Assesses employees' readiness and ability and
assigns tasks that are appropriate to their skill level. Follows up
as needed and share both responsibility and accountability.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities issues and follow
through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to
learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to
do so. Interested in learning about the entire business.
- Performance Management: Able to lead, manage, and mentor
others. Able to lead by example and develop the skills and
capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides
effective positive and constructive feedback.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain
a base understanding of products and sales techniques. As our
Customer Service Manager, you will:
- Achieving sales, margin, and EBITDA targets for the store
- Create a great customer experience, including any customer
service issues, ensuring the sales floor is clean, organized, and
ready for the customers
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to all associates, manage
completion of and timeliness on all Guitar Center University
activities including annual performance reviews
- Assist the Operations team with large merchandising projects,
including the execution of all in-store promotions
- Take part in the interview process for all candidates that
apply to the store. Onboard and train newly hired sales
- Communicating and collaborate with the Store Manager and
- Proper scheduling of the sales floor with appropriate staff
- Acting manager in charge when necessary
- Opening and closing of the store
- Additional duties as assignedRequirements
- 3+ years of relevant work experience working in retail or in
- Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.Preferences:
- Associates Degree
- Understanding of retail systems and processes
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair
and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants
regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or
local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access
our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express
interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable
accommodation by calling 1-818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Guitar Center, Monterey Park , GC Retail Customer Service Manager Store 135, Hospitality & Tourism , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!