Sr Software Developer
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Senior Software Developers are team members and individual
contributors to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of
business applications, providing specialized technical or business
knowledge to the project. Inhabitants of this position are assigned
to projects within an assigned business unit or corporate
department and utilize a variety of new computing architectures
(e.g., client/server, intranet, Web) or mainframe platforms. Under
the guidance of a Lead Software Developer, they collaborate with
company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to
define detained customer
requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies,
and develop and present solutions. Incumbents act as internal
consultants, providing technical guidance or business process
expertise on the most complex projects or researching strategic
planning matters from a technical or business standpoint.
Individuals in this job position are competent to perform or
integrate work at a high level within this job family, working at
an in-depth level within a technical or business area. While they
do not normally have regular project leadership responsibility,
incumbents are familiar with project management techniques and may
lead projects or subprojects. They have good coaching skills.
The main challenge to Senior Software Developer is to identify
causes and implement solutions to business problems in a
multifunctional project, assessing and communicating issues of
technology impact on the business. They also apply a broad
knowledge of various technical functions to accurately anticipate
organizational impacts. Incumbents must understand the procedures
and expected system performance associated with the introduction of
new information technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate
with other IT members (the Technology/Business Consultant Group, in
particular) to facilitate transitions.
They share responsibility with other team members to ensure on-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise within an assigned business
unit/area, usually as a member of a project team, in analysis,
design, and development of business applications.
- Provide technical consulting support on projects or system
- Develop business knowledge and relationships to integrate
activities with other IT departments to ensure successful
implementation and support of project efforts.
- Lead small projects or regularly coach other personnel to
ensure business application systems are developed in a way that
complies with architectural standards and established methodologies
- Evaluate application software packages and make recommendations
- Participate with other IT members, customers, and other
stakeholders in new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
- Collect and analyze business requirements for projects.
- Perform feasibility studies and translate requirements into an
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues
and suggest alternative solutions.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project
efforts, anticipating and identifying issues that inhibit the
attainment of project goals and implementing corrective
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT
colleagues to expected customer service levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering, or related discipline (i.e. Geographical Information
System), or equivalent work experience and technical training, is
- 5 years senior level experience in business application design,
development, installation, and modification in an online
- Experience with structured design, development, and
implementation of new computing architectures. Required
- Experience in the industry or in a production/service
environment similar to that of the employer is preferred.Preferred
- Experience with developing/implementing following on ESRI
ArcGIS platforms is highly preferred.
- Mobile GIS field applications (Windows and IOS devices) using
ArcGIS Runtime SDK 100.x
- ArcGIS desktop applications - ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap 10.8
- Experience in .NET framework
- Utilities experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in the industry or in a production/service
environment similar to that of the employer.
- Experience with JSON, XML, Web services, ArcGIS API, ArcGIS
runtime SDK, and Python script.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and
methodologies in mainframe, midrange, and PC computing environments
desirable, but in-depth experience in one or more is critical.
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required
(cross-functional experience is highly desirable).
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing
systems development in new computing architectures and environments
(e.g., client/server, Web); knowledge of relevant technology,
tools, and middleware is critical, including C/C++, 4GLs, OLE/MS
Office, Windows, ODBC, GUIs, RPCs, various RDBMSs, and others.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an
ability to express complex technical concepts in business
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong project management skills, operating as part of a team
organizing, planning, and executing projects from the envisioning
stage through implementation.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well
on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to
tasks.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: SoCalGas, Monterey Park , Sr Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!