Company: Yang Law Offices
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Supervising Attorney will be responsible for the direct
supervision of an assigned group of attorneys. This role will serve
as the subject matter expert in the assigned practice area and will
conduct strategy sessions and evaluate/assign cases as appropriate.
- Directs the work of assigned Attorneys and support staff,
including coaching and training, assigning and reviewing work,
providing performance feedback, and drafting and issuing
performance evaluations, disciplinary action and performance
improvement plans as necessary.
- Provides substantive and procedural guidance to assigned
Attorneys and support staff as needed, in researching,
interpreting, strategizing, applying legal principles of assigned
practice areas, managing cases, and trial preparation.
- Reviews, edits, analyzes, discusses, and provides final
approval for written work assigned attorneys.
- Monitors workflow to assigned Attorneys to identify and address
potential workload issues.
- Monitors and ensures client Retainers/Trust Accounts have
sufficient funds for assigned Attorneys and other legal staff to
bill, ensuring SOAs/motions to withdraw are being filed in a timely
manner should clients fail to pay invoices and/or depletes their
trust account balance.
- Independently researches, interprets, and applies legal
principles of assigned practice areas as needed.
- Makes decisions regarding the disposition of files and
- Conducts legal research as necessary in various areas of
federal and state law, including case decisions, evidentiary law,
statutory law, procedural and court rules, and legislation.
- Stays informed and keeps subordinates informed concerning the
applicable law, rules, procedures, policies, and practices relating
to responsible practice areas.
- Evaluates administrative problems and procedures and recommends
solutions or alternative methods or procedures.
- Monitors caseloads of subordinates and work progress to ensure
performance goals are met.
- Participates in training and professional development
- Establishes and maintains effective and professional working
relationships senior leaders, management, staff and clients.
- Performs other additional duties as needed, including
performing legal and case work when staff unavailability
necessitates coverage of work. -Minimum Requirements:
- Successful completion of a Juris Doctorate Degree or its
equivalent as allowed under the State Bar Act.
- Minimum of six (6) years' progressively responsible and
directly related experience in the practice of law.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applicationsPreferred
- Demonstrated experience as a team or project lead.
- Demonstrated verifiable reputation for integrity and no history
of disciplinary offenses as an attorney or in any other
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a cohesive
team; willing to go above and beyond - always looking to improve
process, efficiency, and support to business
- Impeccable interpersonal acumen - able to interface at ease
with all Staff and Clients respectfully and professionally
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, even under
pressure and when navigating ambiguity and challenge
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing,
- Competent with conflict resolution and defusing escalated
situations as needed
- Avid problem solver - able to create win-win situations using
limited resources -License, Certificate, Registration Requirements:
- - - - - - -Must be an active member, in good standing, in the
State Bar of California
- Visual capacity and digital dexterity to operate a computer and
other standard office equipment.
- Make fine visual distinctions reading and proofreading written
documents and viewing information on a computer screen.
Keywords: Yang Law Offices, Monterey Park , Supervising Attorney, Legal , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!