Lead Communications System Engineer
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: February 25, 2021
As a Lead Communications Systems Engineer (Level 4), you will
design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication
systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs.
You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with
domestic or international customers on their latest satellite
systems. This is a 1st shift position.Project assignments typically
span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and
system definition, to satellite unit development and test.
Candidates will belong to or lead a systems engineering team
interacting with customers, suppliers, program management,
integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.Primary
- Designing and developing next generation RF, optical, and/or
digital satellite communication systems
- Requirement development, allocation and analysis
- Performance analysis
- Developing performance and link budgets
- Performing waveform development and characterization
- Performing trade studies
- Supporting integration and test of payloads and spacecraft from
unit level through in-orbit operations
- Performing system design and verification activities
- Leading teamsThis position requires an active/current U.S.
Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope
Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within
the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in
the past 24 months is considered active.)Basic (Required)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering concepts
(requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture
design and trade design)Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in RF, digital, and/or optical
- Experience leading teams of engineers
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with digital signal processing
- Experience with performance characteristics of analog
electronics or data converters (Mixers, ADCs, DACs, etc.)
- Experience with digital/RF lab equipment (oscilloscope, signal
generator, spectrum analyzer)Degree and Typical Experience in
Engineering Classification:- Degree and typical experience in
engineering classification: Bachelor's degree and 9 or more years'
experience, Master's degree with 7 or more years' experience or PhD
degree with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or
Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry.
ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal
candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: BOEING, Monterey Park , Lead Communications System Engineer, Other , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!