REQUIRED: MUST HAVE A VALID CA DRIVERS
LICENSE WITH GOOD DRIVING RECORDAND ABLE TO DRIVE THE COMPANY
VEHICLE. ALSO CLEAR BACKGROUND TO BE ABLETO OBTAIN AND HOLD BADGE
FOR COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES.
Periodic advanced floor care duties to include
stripping, dressing, buffing and waxing ofhard floors, carpet
extraction and shampooing, and terrazzo maintenance, and
otherprojects as assigned. Will use cleaning equipment, such as
buffers, auto scrubbers andother floor machines, tools, products,
and supplies necessary to accomplish tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
1. Vacuum carpeted floor
2. Dry and wet mop hard-surface
3. Mixes chemicals needed to perform
4. Performs periodic routine maintenance of
equipment required to perform tasks.
5. Insure that all equipment is kept clean, and
report any malfunctions or safetyhazards to the
6. Shampoo carpets
7. Spray buff hard surface
8. Refinish hard surfaces.
9. Perform other duties as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
To be successful in this position, the incumbent
must possess the following knowledge,skills and
1. Graduation from High School, GED or
2. Six (6) months or more of related experience
buffing and/or waxing wood, tile,terrazzo floor
1. Understand directions from verbal and/or
written instructions to communicate andinteract effectively with
supervisor, co-workers and customers.
2. Read, understand and follow work
instructions, directions and safety rules
3. Have a good working knowledge of mixing and
use of all chemicals needed toperform duties.
4. Have a good working knowledge of equipment
use and maintenance required toperform tasks.
5. Work safely in accordance with company and
job site safety procedures.
1. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be metby an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities toperform the essential functions.
2. Regularly required to bend, sit, stand,
squat, stoop, walk, push, pull, reach withhands and arms at
shoulder level or below, use hands to finger, handle and/or
feelobjects, tools or controls, speak and hear.
3. Occasionally required to kneel, climb and
reach with hands and arms above shoulderlevel, lift up to 60
4. Always required to wear the appropriate
personal protective equipment for the task,which may include
gloves, goggles, aprons, belts, non-slip shoes,
1. Employees are responsible for performing
their duties in an environment that is freefrom discrimination,
intimidation, coercion or harassment, including
2. Work may be performed indoors, outdoors or
3. As part of the job, the employee is regularly
exposed to dirt, dust, disinfectants,solvents or cleaning
4. Noise level may be low to high depending on
the equipment used.
5. The employee may be required to report to
more than one work site in a given shift.
6. The employee must at all times adhere to the
companys and work sites safety andenvironmental protection
practices by performing work safely and in accordancewith