Restaurant General Manager
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The NEW Courtyard by Marriott Monterey Park is seeking a strong
Restaurant General Manager to lead the Food & Beverage operations
of the hotel, including the opening of the FIVE55 Sports Bar and
the Atlantic Restaurant. This is a state-of-the-art, full-service
property with 288 guest rooms and beautifully designed outlets
poised to deliver distinctive dining experiences to our guests.
Previous pre-opening experience a plus.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations the
Restaurant General Manager plans and directs the overall Food &
Beverage operations for a stand alone bar and/or restaurant
including all related management functions to ensure a positive
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field and eight (8) to ten
(10) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per
Federal and/or State.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts practices and
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere
that makes our guests want to return giving each guest a positive
memorable entertainment experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the
accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a
role in the achievement of organizational goals
- Must present an image of excitement enthusiasm and outgoing
personality while being able to project a professional
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Able to perform a variety of complicated tasks
- Must possess excellent organizational communication and
- Must possess excellent time management skills along with the
ability to forecast the time management needs of others.
- Drives P&L strength by implementing appropriate programs
and systems and provides oversight to ensure adherence to such.
Ensures strong fiscal responsibility is demonstrated by staff.
- Utilize and/or create financial reporting tools to properly
measure area's efficiency and financial success. Takes corrective
action as necessary.
- Develops and administers operating and capital budgets.
- Conducts or reviews detailed management and operational
analyses to ensure ongoing success and efficiency within the
- Responsible for specifications and quality of all food and
- Controls all labor and food cost percentages.
- Responsible for quality consistency and presentation of all
food and beverage products delivered to guests.
- Recommends to senior management operational enhancements that
support initiatives and promote excellence.
- Monitors profit and loss statements to ensure objectives are
met and recommends corrective actions as required.
- Develop department members' knowledge and skills through
education training coaching corrective counseling etc.
- Demonstrates a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and
responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate
management of concerns and observations
- Ensures prompt and discreet notification to appropriate
management of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to best manage labor costs
while maintaining outstanding guest service.
- Stays abreast of the current trends and practices within area
of responsibility and communicates pertinent information to
management peers direct reports and team members as
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public
- Other duties as assigned.
The new state-of-the-art lobby at the Courtyard at Monterey Park
provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. At the
center of it all is The Bistro, the destination for a great
breakfast, or drinks and dinner during the evening. Our
full-service restaurant and bar/lounge offer a variety of entrees
and small plates including a large craft beer selection. Guests
will also enjoy inviting, flexible spaces where they can work or
relax with free Wi-Fi throughout throughout. Plus, our
well-equipped fitness center and outdoor pool will help guests stay
refreshed and energized. Whether traveling for business or
pleasure, every stay at Courtyard is sure to be more comfortable,
more productive and more enjoyable than ever before!
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Monterey Park , Restaurant General Manager, Other , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!