RN II - Operating Room Main Hospital
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for Registered Nurse II - PD for the Operating
Room-Main Hospital Department at St. Joseph Hospital Orange.
Location: Orange, CA Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem Shift: 8
hour, Days Job Summary: The Registered Nurse independently uses the
nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for
a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources,
including Jean Watsons Theory of Human Science and Caring to
assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's
plan of care. The Registered Nurse oversees the duties and
competencies of the healthcare team; these include the performance
of nursing assistant duties, clerical, food service, and
environmental services duties as applicable. The Registered Nurse
will practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional,
legal, and hospital policies. Essential Functions:
- CLINICAL PRACTICE:
- The practitioner is accountable to recognize the health and
quality of life needs of patients, family and community and to
collaborate with them to achieve mutually agreed upon goals. The
practitioner utilizes his/her specialized skills and scientific
knowledge to design collaborative and integrated care that binds
together all resources in a goal oriented movement toward health.
Components in clinical practice are competence, evidenced based
practice/continuous quality improvement, advanced practice nursing,
and practice standards.
- Utilizes nursing process to perform a comprehensive,
age-specific assessment of patient and family needs.
- Performs a comprehensive patient/family physical assessment on
assigned patients demonstrating the ability to integrate cultural,
psychosocial and spiritual needs of the specific population
- Identifies trends in patients' clinical course, assesses
proactively, when necessary.
- Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to assessment.
- Serves as a clinical resource in the development of basic
assessment skills interventions.
- Identifies formal teaching needs for specific patients/families
- Identifies teaching goals with patient/family and utilizes
resources to develop complex, interdisciplinary teaching
- Identifies ongoing needs and makes referrals utilizing
- Assures that patients/families have acquired all necessary
skills and referrals for post-hospitalization.
- Utilizes nursing process to develop and revise plan of
- Obtains resources and collaborates with other departments
regarding teaching needs.
- Identifies and selects appropriate patients for patient care
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission and facilitates the
discharge plan based upon the patient's continuing care needs.
- Plans for interventions that minimize complications and
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences. Implements safe
and therapeutic care for patients.
- Implements plan of care for patients of moderate
- Re-prioritizes as necessary to adapt to changing patient
condition, work environment and patient assignments.
- Responds to individual/cultural differences in patient/family
- Evaluates patient assessment, planning and implementation in
relation to intended goals and progress toward expected
- Involves the interdisciplinary team in evaluating the
patient's/family's progress toward attaining expected
- Utilizes ongoing assessment data to revise the diagnoses,
outcomes, and plan of care as needed.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and the patient's
response in relation to outcomes.
- The process whereby the health care team plan and practice
together as colleagues working interdependently within the
boundaries of their scope of practices using shared values and
mutual respect for each others' contribution to care for
individuals, their families and communities. Major elements include
non-hierarchical relationships and intra-inter-professional
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative
- Actively participates in unit/service level committee/task
- Participates with unit manager and fellow associates in
defining, implementing, and evaluating unit goals.
- Promotes changes to meet unit needs.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit/service budget.
- Actively participates in cost effective initiatives, seeks
opportunities to eliminate inappropriate and wasteful use of
- Articulates fundamental unit budgetary principals, such as
equipment charges and staffing ratios.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related
to staffing and scheduling.
- Follows scheduling guidelines and demonstrates flexibility in
order to meet unit and patient needs.
- CULTURE AND CARING:
- The central theme of the SJHS practice model is the caring
relationship that exists between the patient/family and nurse.
Caring practices are activities that are responsive to the
uniqueness of the patient/family and that create a compassionate
and therapeutic environment. Holistic practice addresses physical,
emotional, spiritual, cognitive and developmental needs of patients
and families across the life span. Care for the body, mind and
spirit--from birth to final stage of life--is a desired
characteristic of professional practice. Skills:
- Competent clinician, provides care in a skilled and effective
manner, utilizing appropriate technical and decision making
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with
patients, patients' families, and ancillary departments.
- Good math skills and basic computer data entry skills.
- Basic clinical skills of unit specific type patients.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to organize and prepare
nursing care plans, implement effective nursing care, and develop
solutions to patient care problems.
- Ability to coordinate and delegate team activities.
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Preferred: Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese.
Minimum Position Requeirements: Education: Coursework/Training
Graduate of a school of nursing or enrolled in an accelerated
program leading to BSN or MSN degree. Experience:
- 1 year RN Operating Room experience OR 1 year nursing
experience with successful completion of an intra-op training
- BSN required Licenses and Certifications:
- Current California Registered Nursing License.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS). Preferred Position Qualifications: Education:
Bachelor's Degree Nursing. Licenses and Certifications: CNOR.
Compassion. Dignity. Justice. Excellence. Integrity.These timeless
values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph Hospital. They are the
prime reason that we attract and retain high-caliber employees who
believe in the sanctity of their work in our faith-based setting.As
a result of this affinity, most of our employees have remained with
us for at least five years. Over 40 percent of our new employees
were either referred by friends or applied to work at St. Joseph
based on our reputation. It is little wonder, then, that retention
rate is significantly higher than the average for healthcare
institutions in our community.Clinical ExcellenceWhen you take the
latest in medical technology and place it in the hands of highly
skilled clinicians, recognition is sure to follow. In July 2007,
2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was named one "America's Best
Hospitals" for Orthopedic Care by U. S. News and World Report. This
highly esteem recognition is testimony to our unique blend medical
science and compassionate, values-based care.A haven that feels
like home.St. Joseph Hospital offers a unique environment in which
healthcare givers who share a kindred spirit can do important work
and grow both spiritually and professionally. Here, values-based
employees view their jobs not simply as careers but also as
callings.Care to get acquainted? Then we warmly invite you to
explore the many career opportunities offered by St. Joseph
Hospital!St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as "on
call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
St. Joseph Hospital Orange Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Req ID: R346549 id="detrack" defer
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Monterey Park , RN II - Operating Room Main Hospital, Other , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!