Company: Disneyland Resort
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Protect the magic by preventing and mitigating risk at the
Disneyland Resort. The Risk Management Services team is comprised
of Guest Claims and Workers' Compensation, and strives to create a
world where there are no incidents or claims. As the leader of the
holistic Workers' Compensation team, you'll play a critical role in
supporting that work.
The Workers' Compensation Team Manager leads a team of salaried
Claims Administrators and hourly Technical Claims Assistants with
varying levels of experience, oversees all aspects of the
administration of claims assigned to their Unit. This is a highly
dynamic and collaborative role that requires outstanding customer
service and communication skills with an understanding of the
importance of brand management. Candidates must be multi-faceted
and willing to have periodic on-call responsibilities, which in
some cases will necessitate responding to incidents after
- Lead, support, and coach Workers Compensation Claims Cast
- Oversight of investigations of occupational injuries and
illness, litigation and case resolution and subrogation
- Review of claim files in accordance with the rules and
regulations set by the State of California and department operating
guidelines and ensure reserving practices per Self-Insured
- Escalate incidents with potential excess coverage
- Help set, implement and achieve department goals and
- Review claim files for timeliness, accuracy, and
action-planning that will bring files to successful and
- Partner with the Claims Examiner and Hearing Representatives on
matters moving through the litigation process.
- Partner with Vendors and Service Providers as assigned by the
Manager of Workers' Compensation, acting as liaison and point of
contact to ensure service standards are met, improvements and
adjustments are timely and relevant.
- Responsible for the daily administration and production of the
Technical Claims Assistants including payments, notices, scanning,
Basic Qualifications :
- California Self Insurance Plans Certificate for Administration
of Occupational Claims.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of California Labor
Code, laws and regulations case resolution and litigation
- Ability to work under deadline pressures and handling multiple
- Demonstrated familiarity with automated claims administration
systems and ability to work in multiple computer programs.
- Computer proficiency within a Windows environment, including
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication and listening
- Strong relationship-building, partnering, negotiating and
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to deliver concise and informative written
summaries in memo and presentation format, with appropriate
business writing and usage of professional grammar.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a
- Understanding of medical and legal terminology.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to various levels of
leaders, including executives
- Ability to effectively solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively allowing for the diversity
of the audience.
- Maintain "Continued Education" Certification hours as required
by the State of California.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Business Objects or related
- Minimum 10 years of experience administering California
Workers' Compensation claims.
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
Additional Information :
Keywords: Disneyland Resort, Monterey Park , Mgr-Workers' Compensation, Other , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!