New Account Officer
Location: Monterey Park
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?Discover
your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the
5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're
180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering
shared and sustainable growth for a better world.With a vision to
be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our
culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and
collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This
means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you
to own your career.Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and
making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position.
There are flexible work from home options available. A member of
our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more
detail.Provide exceptional customer service to the bank's top-tier
client portfolio. Independently research, analyze and resolve a
broad range of complex customer issues involving services, new
accounts opening, legal review and products that support Private
Banking. Provide a high level of responsiveness to internal and
external customer inquiries by phone or e-mail. Follow up to ensure
full resolution and satisfaction.Analyze the request and make
recommendation as to exposure and possible risk to the bank on
legal review for new account opening. Requires strong critical
thinking ability as work is performed without substantial
direction.Requires strong knowledge of the Bank's Risk policies and
procedures; recognizes and proactively addresses and manages risk.
Ability to multitask, use sound judgment while exercising
considerable latitude and initiative in problem solving to meet
customer service needs.Major Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding customer service to clients, banking
offices, account management, sales representatives and
- Manage risk to the bank when reviewing legal documents
- Responsible for meeting PBCS Quality Assurance scores and
- Develop rapport and establish key relationships with critical
business units. Make independent decisions regarding customer
requests weighing impact based on risk and drawing on overall
banking knowledge and experience.
- Proactively manage complex customer service needs.
- Use excellent technical and job knowledge as well as
problem-solving and critical thinking skills to make sound
decisions while balancing risk with opportunity.
- Use the highest level of expertise to quickly and effectively
resolve banking office and client issues.
- Evaluate customer service issues identifying root causes and
making recommendations based on thorough analysis.
- Maintain customer centric approach and effectively identify
course of action to meet service level agreements with an emphasis
on first call resolution.
- Develop creative win-win service solutions.
- Accountable for the servicing and operational customer
experience across departments throughout the organization.
- Strong knowledge of banking systems and the organization to be
able to implement customer service strategy independently.
- Demonstrate excellent service level awareness and quickly
respond to issues that could impede customer service. Develop and
document special handling procedures for new processAssist with
special projects and implementation of department initiative as
- Train and coach new employees.
- Work closely with customer, Relationship Manager and Treasury
Management Services to coordinate implementation of new customers
for deposit and fee-based services.
- Discuss applicable delivery channel and service options with
- Propose innovative ideas to enhance and simplify Private Wealth
- May travel to customer site to make servicing presentations or
lead tours for clients at the Bank Facility.
- Prepare and manage to completion the opening of new accounts,
the review of legal documentation, and identify/approve
- Coordinate and review various types of legal documentation with
clients and officers to avoid document deficiency.
- Assist in decision making on account type and setup.
- Conduct outbound calls to new clients after initial boarding to
ensure quality service.
- Utilize Strong knowledge of simple and complex legal review
documentation for business and personal accounts
- Knowledge on the available resources to confirm status of
- Process New account on boarding
- Provide guidance to internal partners and peers on Legal Review
on account documentation and recommendations
- Follow up with clients for document deficiencies.
- Utilize a strong knowledge of Treasury and Cash Management
products, wholesale operations, governing regulations and internal
policies and procedures to professionally respond to customer
- Independently manage all inquiries on any transaction or cash
- Provide technical assistance to internal clients to resolve
complex inquiries, servicing requests and operational matters.
- Maintain records of repetitive service problems, resolutions
and customer concerns and make recommendations for improving
customer service levels.
- Identify and refer prospects and cross-sell opportunities to
relationship manager for business development.
- May act as Supervisor in the Manager's absence; perform other
responsibilities as assigned.Additional Information:
- High School Diploma or GED Banking and regulatory experience
- Bank sales experience preferred. Call center experience (4+
- Exceptional customer service and leadership skills.
- Model the highest degree of honesty, integrity, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced call
- Possess outstanding research and follow-up skills.
- Flexible to work various shifts to meet the needs of the
- Some travel is required.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They
are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so
classified.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse
backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry,
marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other status of an individual or that individual's associates or
relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or
local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or
religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by
applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview,
your recruiter will provide additional information.#LI-Hybrid
Keywords: MUFG, Monterey Park , New Account Officer, Other , Monterey Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!